Wild hailstorm destroys scores of houses near Inle Lake, Myanmar
The Shan State government has donated K4.6 million (about US$4,800) to victims of a powerful hailstorm that destroyed or damaged more than 140 homes near Inle Lake on April 17, the state’s Intha Ethnic Affairs Minister U Win Myint told Mizzima on April 21.
U Win Myint said K30,000 had been donated to each of the 142 households affected by the storm. He said K100,000 each had also been donated to a monastery and a middle school damaged by the storm.
Several villages were hit by the storm with the worst affected being Tha Lae Oo, where 99 houses were destroyed, he said.
At least 50 acres of paddy and 80 acres of tomatoes were destroyed, he said. There were also reports of damage to peanut crops.
A farmer at Tha Lae Oo village was quoted as saying he “had never experienced such a phenomenon in his lifetime”.
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
- 592,927 hits
- #Earthquake #MacquarieIsland wp.me/p1IeZh-vZK 2 days ago
- #Earthquake #Uzbekistan wp.me/p1IeZh-vZH 1 week ago
- #Earthquake #Jujuy #Argentina #SouthAmerica #MajorAlert #MajorQuake #Emergency wp.me/p1IeZh-vZD 1 week ago
- #Earthquake #Vanuatu wp.me/p1IeZh-vZz 1 week ago
- #Earthquake #BismarckSea wp.me/p1IeZh-vZx 1 week ago
Earth Changing Top Clicks
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Earth Extremities Archives
Top Posts & Pages
- MAGNITUDE 6.9 MACQUARIE ISLAND REGION
- MAGNITUDE 5.8 EASTERN UZBEKISTAN
- MAGNITUDE 6.8 JUJUY, ARGENTINA
- MAGNITUDE 5.7 VANUATU
- MAGNITUDE 6.3 BISMARCK SEA
- MAGNITUDE 3.5 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, USA
- MAGNITUDE 3.5 SOUTH CAROLINA, USA
- MAGNITUDE 6.3 TAIWAN REGION
- MAGNITUDE 5.5 HALMAHERA, INDONESIA
- MAGNITUDE 5.1 JAN MAYEN ISLAND REGION