Archive | June 28, 2014
June 28, 2014
The Fuego volcano eruptive activity increases and the Guatemalan authorities on Friday decided to keep the yellow alert for traffic and residents living nearby.
The National Institute of Seismology, Volcanology and Hydrology (Insivumeh) reported that in the last days the volcano Fuego generated ash moderate explosions and released.
The ash amounted to about four thousand 400 meters above sea level and travel 10 to 12 kilometers downwind, said volcanologist Gustavo Chigna, Insivumeh.
It is a stratovolcano located southwest of the capital, situated between departments Sacatepéquez, Escuintla and Chimaltenango, the south-central Guatemala.
The colossus rises to three thousand 763 meters above the sea, its eruptions are usually violent and is considered one of the most impressive in Central America and the busiest since the time of the Conquest (1524).
Its last eruptions occurred on May 18, 2012 and September 13 of that year and the latter, considered the largest in its history, forced the evacuation of 10,000 people.
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
Join 581 other followers
- 596,344 hits
- #Earthquake #ReykjanesRidge wp.me/p1IeZh-wgB 5 hours ago
- #Earthquake #Spain wp.me/p1IeZh-wgz 5 hours ago
- Earthquake #SandwichIslands wp.me/p1IeZh-wgw 5 hours ago
- #Earthquake #PacificRise #PacificOcean wp.me/p1IeZh-wgt 5 hours ago
- #Earthquake #Antigua #Barbuda #Caribbean wp.me/p1IeZh-wgr 5 hours ago
Earth Changing Top Clicks
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Building Collapse Alert Building Damage Alert Commuter Alert coronavirus Cosmic Rays Alert COVID-19 Disaster Declaration Alert Earth Changing Extremities Earthquake Earthquake Alert Emergency Alert Europe Evacuation Alert Fish Homeless Alert ICELAND REGION Magnetosphere Alert Major Alert nCoV2019 Quake Swarm Quarantined Alert Rain Alert Rescue Alert Ring Of Fire Severe Flood Alert Severe Weather Alert Structural Damage Alert USA Vehicle Alert Yellowstone
Earth Extremities Archives
Top Posts & Pages
- MAGNITUDE 5.7 REYKJANES RIDGE
- MAGNITUDE 5.1 ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA REGION
- EARTHQUAKE SWARM: CRETE, GREECE 31st Oct 2021
- Two volcanoes` alert status in Java increased
- MAGNITUDE 4.2 PAKISTAN
- YELLOWSTONE REGION MAGNITUDE 2.0 YELLOWSTONE NAT. PARK, MONTANA, USA
- MAGNITUDE 5.5 NORTHERN EAST PACIFIC RISE
- MAGNITUDE 3.9 FRANCE
- Massive Landslide in La Gomera, Canary Islands
- Thousands of dead fish wash up in a harbour in South Africa