Archive | June 28, 2014
June 28, 2014
The Fuego volcano eruptive activity increases and the Guatemalan authorities on Friday decided to keep the yellow alert for traffic and residents living nearby.
The National Institute of Seismology, Volcanology and Hydrology (Insivumeh) reported that in the last days the volcano Fuego generated ash moderate explosions and released.
The ash amounted to about four thousand 400 meters above sea level and travel 10 to 12 kilometers downwind, said volcanologist Gustavo Chigna, Insivumeh.
It is a stratovolcano located southwest of the capital, situated between departments Sacatepéquez, Escuintla and Chimaltenango, the south-central Guatemala.
The colossus rises to three thousand 763 meters above the sea, its eruptions are usually violent and is considered one of the most impressive in Central America and the busiest since the time of the Conquest (1524).
Its last eruptions occurred on May 18, 2012 and September 13 of that year and the latter, considered the largest in its history, forced the evacuation of 10,000 people.
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
- 590,178 hits
- Earth’s core cooling faster than expected – study #EarthCore #Earth #Cooling wp.me/p1IeZh-vKX 15 hours ago
- #Earthquake #CanaryIslands #SpainRegion wp.me/p1IeZh-vKV 16 hours ago
- #Earthquake #Barbados #WindwardIslands #Caribbean wp.me/p1IeZh-vKT 16 hours ago
- #Earthquake #SouthAfrica wp.me/p1IeZh-vKQ 16 hours ago
- #Earthquake #Iceland wp.me/p1IeZh-vKN 16 hours ago
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Building Collapse Alert Building Damage Alert Commuter Alert coronavirus Cosmic Rays Alert COVID-19 Disaster Declaration Alert Earth Changing Extremities Earthquake Earthquake Alert Emergency Alert Europe Evacuation Alert Fish Homeless Alert ICELAND REGION Magnetosphere Alert Major Alert nCoV2019 Quake Swarm Quarantined Alert Rain Alert Rescue Alert Ring Of Fire Severe Flood Alert Severe Weather Alert Structural Damage Alert USA Vehicle Alert Yellowstone
Earth Extremities Archives
|パワフルな宇宙線が降り注ぐ日のゼリツィン… on VERY POWERFUL INFLUX OF ENERGY…|
|Sustain | sustain-bl… on Environmental catastrophe in C…|
|Abdul Montuoro on Train crash leaves several inj…|
|Coronavirus vaccine… on Coronavirus vaccine patient…|
|yamkin on MAGNITUDE 4.4 SICILY, ITALY|
Top Posts & Pages
- Earth’s core cooling faster than expected – study
- MAGNITUDE 5.6 MONGOLIA-CHINA BORDER REGION
- MAGNITUDE 4.4 CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN REGION
- MAGNITUDE 3.3 SOUTH AFRICA
- MAGNITUDE 4.1 NE OF BARBADOS, WINDWARD ISLANDS
- MAGNITUDE 5.0 CENTRAL TURKEY
- MAGNITUDE 3.0 ICELAND
- MAGNITUDE 2.6 WESTERN TEXAS, USA
- Live: La Palma Volcano, La Palma Declared Disaster Zone
Argentina Athens Australia bird flu Buenos Aires California Canada CANARY ISLANDS Chile China coronavirus COVID-19 dead birds dead fish Earthquake Earthquake location Ebola virus Europe fish kill GARDINER GEOMAGNETIC STORM Greece Guatemala Guatemala City heavy rain Honiara hrs UTC Iceland INDIA Indonesia Iran Italy Japan Joint Typhoon Warning Center Kathmandu Kp Index landslide Latitude Longitude MAGNETOSPHERE Major Alert Mexico Montevideo MT National Weather Service Nepal NEW ZEALAND Northern Mariana Islands Nuku‘alofa Pakistan pandemic Papua New Guinea Philippines PROTON PROTON PARTICLES Quarantine Reykjavík Ring Of Fire Saipan Santiago SOLOMON ISLANDS Spacecraft operations SPAIN SW Taiwan Tonga Turkey United States Uruguay USA UT UTC Wellington West Yellowstone YELLOWSTONE