April 9, 2015
Dust storm shuts down 4 ports in Egypt’s Suez
Four ports in Egypt’s Suez were closed down on Thursday due to a dust storm that hit the governorate which overlooks the entrance to the Suez Canal from the Gulf of Suez, said Abdel-Rehim Mostafa, spokesperson for the Red Sea Ports Authority.
The four ports are Ain Sokhna, Adabiya, Zaitiyat and Tawfiq.
Forecasters said strong winds and dust storms will be prevalent on Thursday.
Egyptian Meteorological Authority spokesman Wahid Seoudi had previously told Ahram Online that that a sand storm will hit the country on Thursday and Friday, leading to poor visibility on roads and turbulence in navigation on the Mediterranean Sea.
Thursday will also see a drop in temperatures that could reach 17 degrees Celsius after a two-day heat wave hit the country on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Courtesy of english.ahram.org.eg
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
- 590,392 hits
- 'Dad' who posted about 'son dying after #COVID vaccine' turned out to be fake account news.sky.com/story/covid-ne… 2 hours ago
- Toronto ramps up snow removal operations again #Snowstorm #Snow #Blizzard #Freeze #Toronto #Canada wp.me/p1IeZh-vLZ 14 hours ago
- Snow storm in Istanbul, Turkey 2022 January #Snowstorm #Snow #Blizzard #Freeze #Istanbul #Turkey wp.me/p1IeZh-vLW 15 hours ago
- Greece slammed by heavy snowstorm, shutting down schools and roads #Snowstorm #Snow #Blizzard #Freeze #Greece wp.me/p1IeZh-vLU 15 hours ago
- #Earthquake #Australia wp.me/p1IeZh-vLQ 16 hours ago
Earth Changing Top Clicks
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Building Collapse Alert Building Damage Alert Commuter Alert coronavirus Cosmic Rays Alert COVID-19 Disaster Declaration Alert Earth Changing Extremities Earthquake Earthquake Alert Emergency Alert Europe Evacuation Alert Fish Homeless Alert ICELAND REGION Magnetosphere Alert Major Alert nCoV2019 Quake Swarm Quarantined Alert Rain Alert Rescue Alert Ring Of Fire Severe Flood Alert Severe Weather Alert Structural Damage Alert USA Vehicle Alert Yellowstone
Earth Extremities Archives
- Toronto ramps up snow removal operations again January 24, 2022
- Snow storm in Istanbul, Turkey 2022 January January 24, 2022
- Greece slammed by heavy snowstorm, shutting down schools and roads January 24, 2022
- MAGNITUDE 4.7 WESTERN AUSTRALIA January 24, 2022
- VERY POWERFUL INFLUX OF ENERGY WILL STRIKE THE WEAK MAGNETOSPHERE ON 24th – 25th, 28th Jan 2022 January 24, 2022
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow storm in Istanbul, Turkey 2022 January
- MAGNITUDE 4.7 WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- VERY POWERFUL INFLUX OF ENERGY WILL STRIKE THE WEAK MAGNETOSPHERE ON 24th - 25th, 28th Jan 2022
- MAGNITUDE 5.1 HAITI REGION
- Greece slammed by heavy snowstorm, shutting down schools and roads
- MAGNITUDE 4.3 MOROCCO
- MAGNITUDE 3.7 ICELAND REGION
- MAGNITUDE 5.3 HAITI REGION
- Toronto ramps up snow removal operations again
- Explosive Eruption and Sporadic Ash Emissions at Ebeko Volcano in Paramushir Island, Kurils, Russia
Argentina Athens Australia bird flu Buenos Aires California Canada CANARY ISLANDS Chile China coronavirus COVID-19 dead birds dead fish Earthquake Earthquake location Ebola virus Europe fish kill GARDINER GEOMAGNETIC STORM Greece Guatemala Guatemala City heavy rain Honiara hrs UTC Iceland INDIA Indonesia Iran Italy Japan Joint Typhoon Warning Center Kathmandu Kp Index landslide Latitude Longitude MAGNETOSPHERE Major Alert Mexico Montevideo MT National Weather Service Nepal NEW ZEALAND Northern Mariana Islands Nuku‘alofa Pakistan pandemic Papua New Guinea Philippines PROTON PROTON PARTICLES Quarantine Reykjavík Ring Of Fire Saipan Santiago SOLOMON ISLANDS Spacecraft operations SPAIN SW Taiwan Tonga Turkey United States Uruguay USA UT UTC Wellington West Yellowstone YELLOWSTONE