Chemical explosion at factory in Grantham, UK

Chemical Explosion Alert

Fire crews and specialist units attended a Grantham processing plant this morning after a chemical explosion.
 
The chemical leaked from a fridge at Parker Tecknit in Swingbridge Road, Grantham, causing the explosion this morning. Four fire crews attended at 7am.
 
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fridge in the building stopped working overnight causing a chemical called Trigonox to heat up and explode. Approximately 25 litres of Trigonox was contained in the building and will be cleaned up by a specialist team.”
 
Nobody was reported hurt in the incident. Parker Tecknit is an electrical components and wiring firm.
Courtesy of granthamjournal.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: