#Facebook images broken, #Instagram and #WhatsApp struggling too
Starting at about 8:00 AM EDT, Facebook began having issues displaying any new images. At about the same time, Facebook image-sharing network, Instagram and its communications program WhatsApp began having similar problems.
Facebook wouldn’t admit to any problem for hours. In the meantime, users from around the globe are reporting issues on Twitter and DownDetector. While Facebook continues to run, people are primarily reporting that they’re unable to upload or view images.
In a statement sent just before 4 PM EDT, a Facebook representative finally addressed the elephant on the internet: “During one of our routine maintenance operations, we triggered an issue that is making it difficult for some people to upload or send photos and videos. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible and we apologize for any inconvenience.” No time has been given for a fix.
At first, when I encountered the problem, I was unable to upload new photographs. Now I find I’m unable to view many older images. I’m far from alone.
Instagram users are also struggling. Since Instagram is all about images, the site is essentially down.
WhatsApp users are in the same sinking boat. They too can’t share photos or videos.
Several hours later Facebook Messenger users also started reporting similar problems.
In theory, all these social networks and messaging services are still on different platforms. In practice, clearly, they’re at least all sharing media storage mechanisms since they’re all suffering from the same kinds of problems.
Courtesy of zdnet.com
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
- 594,757 hits
- @virginmedia The estimated fix time said 3pm, but was fixed earlier 6 days ago
- @virginmedia Hi, Broadband has gone down again. Your service website confirms there is an issue in Croydon, London.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- @virginmedia Broadband and TV now back 👍🏾 1 week ago
- @virginmedia Hi CS, Thanks for your response. I'll have to reboot now and again to see if VM have fixed the issue! 1 week ago
- @virginmedia Broadband & TV outage in Croydon, Greater London. I checked your service website that confirmed the ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Earth Changing Top Clicks
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Earth Extremities Archives
Top Posts & Pages
- 200 cows found dead, 'due to heatwave' in La Pampa, Argentina
- Strange!!! The sun blinking in Benin Nigeria
- Coronavirus: Stormzy reschedules part of world tour over outbreak fears #nCoV2019 #COVID19 #coronavirus #Stormzy #uk #wuhan #china #emergency #WorldTour #Malaysia #Singapore #Japan #China #SouthKorea
- Locomotive collision at Great Central, Loughborough, UK
- Apocalyptic Locust Plague Swamps Argentina
- Mother, baby in pram fall down escalator in China