Sixth Brit who visited French ski chalet tests positive for coronavirus #nCoV2019 #COVID19 #coronavirus #france #British #wuhan #china #emergency #quarantine #LesContaminesMontjoie #Savoie

Coronavirus Alert

Another British national who stayed at a chalet in the Les Contamines-Montjoie resort has been diagnosed with coronavirus. Last week five UK citizens, including a nine-year-old child, were diagnosed with the airborne disease, having stayed at the same lodge in the French Alps. It is thought they contracted the Sars-like virus from British businessman Steve Walsh, who picked it up at a conference in Singapore. As the first handful of British chalet guests were diagnosed with the disease, another six were also taken to hospital and put into isolation – one of whom has now tested positive.

In a statement the French Ministry of Health said the man’s condition is not thought to be serious. France has now recorded 12 cases of the coronavirus strain – named Covid-19 – one of which was of a Chinese tourist who died in a Paris hospital. Four patients have since recovered and have been discharged from hospital and the rest are still receiving treatment. Meanwhile in the UK, eight of nine people who tested positive for coronavirus have been given the all-clear and released from medical care. The 94 people who were isolated at Arrowe Park Hospital, the Wirral, Merseyside have also been discharged. They all spent 14 days in quarantine after being flown home on UK Government chartered flights from Wuhan, China – the epicentre of the outbreak.

Only one person now remains in hospital while a further 100 people are in quarantine in Milton Keynes. So far more than 1,500 people have died in China as well as four others in the Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong and France, respectively. Today the French health minister confirmed an 80-year-old Chinese man had died in a Paris hospital after succumbing to ‘to a pulmonary infection with coronavirus’. Agnes Buzyn said the tourist had been in isolation at the Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital in the north of the capital since falling ill on January 25. He was thought to have arrived in France nine days earlier from Hubei province – of which Wuhan is the regional capital.

The total number of confirmed cases globally now stands at more than 67,000 across 27 countries. Fears are mounting over the bug quickly spreading through London after it was revealed a Chinese national diagnosed in the capital had taken an Uber to a hospital in Lewisham. A previous UK coronavirus patient was one of 250 delegates at the UK Bus Summit at the QEII centre in Westminster on February 6. The conference’s attendees included high profile people from across the country including bus minister Baroness Vere of Norbiton.

Courtesy of metro.co.uk

https://tinyurl.com/t5pkdf3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: