Coronavirus: Idris Elba confirms he has tested positive for COVID-19 #COVID19 #coronavirus #UK #IdrisElba #pandemic #quarantine
Idris Elba has confirmed he has tested positive for coronavirus.
The actor says he feels okay and currently has no symptoms, but has been isolated since he found out that he may have been exposed to the virus.
In a tweet he said: “This morning I tested positive for COVID-19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.
“Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing. No panic.”
In an accompanying video, Elba says he was tested after he discovered a person he had recent contact with had tested positive for COVID-19.
He said he immediately self-isolated and got tested and had his results back today.
He also urged followers to think about social distancing and washing their hands, adding they should be vigilant to mitigate the spread of the virus.
“There are so many people whose lives have been affected, from those who have lost people they love, to people that don’t even have it and have lost their livelihoods,” he said.
“This is real.”
The actor’s announcement comes as Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed that 55 people had now died after testing positive for coronavirus.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson also announced new measures as part of his new daily press conferences, asking people to avoid pubs, bars and theatres to try and slow the spread of coronavirus.
He also issued new advice for whole families to self-isolate for 14 days should one person in the household suffer any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
Courtesy of Sky News
Japanese coronavirus patient tests positive for a SECOND time two weeks after being let home from hospital #COVID19 #coronavirus #Japan #pandemic #quarantine
A Japanese man has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time, two weeks after he recovered from the deadly infection.
The man, who is in his 70s, was initially infected while on board the disease-ridden Diamond Princess cruise ship in February.
He was treated in a medical facility in Tokyo and returned to his home in Mie after tests for COVID-19 came back negative, local media report.
But not long after being told he was in the clear, the man fell ill with a fever and temperature of 39°C once again. He was diagnosed with COVID-19 on Saturday.
It’s not the first time a patient has been ‘reinfected’ with the bug, after a Japanese woman was diagnosed again two weeks after her recovery.
Experts expressed their concern that patients could possibly relapse, with the coronavirus germs lying undetected by testing.
Courtesy of dailymail.co.uk
The Queen coronavirus ALERT: Masked police arrest man showing symptoms at Buckingham Palace #COVID19 #coronavirus #UK #BuckinghamPalace #London #pandemic #quarantine
A MAN showing coronavirus symptoms has been arrested by police officers wearing white suits and masks outside Buckingham Palace.
Men in white forensics boiler suits, masks and gloves were seen surrounding the man, along with uniformed officers wearing masks and gloves. A police van, ambulance and first responder vehicle were seen outside the Queen’s London residence.
It is understood the Queen was driven to Windsor last week as a precaution.
Courtesy of express.co.uk
Coronavirus: UK coronavirus cases rise to 1,543 – up by 171 #COVID19 #coronavirus #UK #pandemic #quarantine #emergency
The number of UK coronavirus cases has risen to 1,543 – up 171 in 24 hours.
The latest figure for deaths stands at 35 – though an update is expected this afternoon.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is chairing an emergency meeting of COBRA before holding the first of what will be daily TV news conferences to update the public on COVID-19 – the prevalent strain of coronavirus.
The UK is thought to be moving towards the banning of mass gatherings and asking the elderly to self isolate.
A Public Health England briefing seen by Sky News claims the coronavirus could see up to 7.9 million people requiring hospital treatment in the next 12 months.
The document also confirms that healthcare workers who have symptoms of COVID-19 would not necessarily be tested.
Chief medical officer Chris Witty has previously said up to 80% of the population could catch the virus in a worst-case scenario.
Courtesy of Sky News