Plane crash kills Brazilian Presidential Candidate
A candidate in Brazil’s presidential election was killed Wednesday when a small private plane crashed in a residential area in Santos, in the state of Sao Paulo.
Eduardo Campos, 49, was the candidate of the Brazilian Socialist Party (PSB) in the October 5 election. Party leader Carlos Siqueira confirmed his death to TV channel Globo.
Several people were reportedly injured in the crash. Brazilian aviation authorities said the plane had been carrying seven people.
The causes of the accident in the port city of Santos, about 60 kilometres from Brazil’s industrial powerhouse Sao Paulo, remained unknown.
Opinion polls predicted that Campos will come third in the election, in which Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff seeks a second term.
Tags: Brazil, Brazilian Socialist Party, Eduardo Campos, Party leader Carlos Siqueira, presidential election, residential area
Earth Extremities Search
Earth Extremities Categories
- 599,816 hits
- #HarryMaguire #Ghana #GhanaianParliament #MUFC #ManchesterUnited #Football #Soccer @SaeedTV_ @UnitedStandMUFC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 minutes ago
- #Earthquake #Hokkaido #Japan wp.me/p1IeZh-wCD 56 minutes ago
- #Earthquake #SolomonIslands wp.me/p1IeZh-wCA 1 hour ago
- #Earthquake #LakeEdward #Congo #Africa wp.me/p1IeZh-wCx 1 hour ago
- #Earthquake #Fiji wp.me/p1IeZh-wCt 1 hour ago
Earth Changing Top Clicks
Earth Changing Cloud Categories
Earth Extremities Archives
- MAGNITUDE 6.0 HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION March 28, 2023
- MAGNITUDE 6.1 SOLOMON ISLANDS March 28, 2023
- MAGNITUDE 4.9 LAKE EDWARD REGION, CONGO March 28, 2023
- MAGNITUDE 5.5 FIJI REGION March 28, 2023
- MAGNITUDE 5.6 MASBATE REGION, PHILIPPINES March 26, 2023
Top Posts & Pages
- MAGNITUDE 5.5 FIJI REGION
- MAGNITUDE 6.1 SOLOMON ISLANDS
- MAGNITUDE 4.9 LAKE EDWARD REGION, CONGO
- MAGNITUDE 6.0 HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION
- Thousands of fish dead in a river due to pollution in Pelalawan Regency, Indonesia
- Australia's extreme heatwave spans five states with high of 49C forecast
- 135 dead turtles, plus dolphins and manatees wash up since July in Sarasota, Florida, USA
- Large die off of fish in the waters of Liuzhou City, China
- 7 giant deep sea #fish wash up dead on the coast of #Japan